The weather for the ILLW was almost perfect – a bit of rain Saturday evening, but mostly the weather was very cooperative. The burgers and onions cooked by Paul VA3PDC and Brian VA3DXK were appreciated by all, and Boston Pizza in Kincardine served up some fine meals Saturday evening.
ERC Meeting Wed June 22; 7:30 PM
First In-Person and ZOOM (Hybrid) meeting of 2022!
7:00 – Virtual EYEBALL QSO – Set-up, Social time & coffee
1 Meeting Call to Order, Welcome
2 Roll Call & Quorum
3 Adopt Agenda
4 Secretary’s Report KIRK VA3KXS
● Approve minutes of Previous Meeting
5 Treasurer’s Report PAUL VA3PDC
● Monthly update on Finances
6 President’s Report Ted VE3TRQ
● Welcome to the first Firehall meeting in two years
● Still some small items from Al VA3TET’s estate – see Reg VE3RVH
7 Committee Reports
● Summer Field Day this weekend (Bill VA3QB)
● Point Clark Lighthouse Aug 20, 21
8 Unfinished Business
● No repeater updates
9 New Business
● Recommendation to acquire Al VA3TET’s callsign for repeater use
● Next meeting: Wed September 28
● Motion to adjourn the meeting
Al VA3TET SK
It is with a great deal of sadness that I report Al died yesterday evening, Fri Nov 26, 2021. We will all miss his dedication to amateur radio, his warmth, humour, and wit, and especially his cooking.
Al’s equipment will be sold by the Club.
Another update: The Elmira Radio Club has now acquired Al’s old callsign, VA3TET, for use on a repeater. “Tasty Edible Turnips” live on!
- VHF 147.390 (+.6) 123Hz, at Elmira Feedmill (VE3ERC)
- VHF 147.255 (+.6) 131.8Hz, at Alma (VA3DWI)
- UHF 444.700 (+5) 131.8Hz, at Elmira Feedmill (VE3ERC)
- Firehall UHF of the air for now
- Emergency frequency, simplex VHF 146.550 MHz